Take part? Okay then!
22nd June to 07th July 2013
’TAKEPART Brighton & Hove’ is a large celebration of “community sport and physical activity” giving you a great opportunity to get active. A number of local Brighton sports clubs are taking part in this initiative and there are a number of small events starting on the 22nd to encourage people to get out and about. Be a part of the initiative! Head to one of the events and try out a new sport (for free!) that you’ve never done before!
Brighton will be hosting a number of these small events. For your information, these are:
- TAKEPART Family Day - 22 June 12.00-5.00pm - Event in Preston Park where all family members can try out city sports and activities for free
- TAKEPART in the City - 28 June 5.00-8.00pm - Have an alternative Friday night out with your friends, as TAKEPART in the city turns the city centre into a sports arena
- TAKEPART Active Forever - 27 June 10:30-12:30pm - Looking for different ways to keep active as you get older?
- TAKEPART Local Weekend - 30 June – 1 July - Six events in local communities across the city, come along and get active
- The BLAGSS Big Gay Sports Day Out - 29 June, 10:00-6:00pm - The largest celebration of LGBT sport and active living in the city.
- Bikestock - 6 July 11:00-3:00pm - A fantastic sponsored community cycling event in Stanmer park for all the family
- Paddle Round The Pier – 6 – 7 July - The country’s largest celebration of being active by the sea!